We will discuss closing and quitting applications on a PlayStation 5 (PS5) console. The process for doing this on a PS5 differs from earlier PlayStation models, and it is important to understand how to properly manage the resources on your system. We will provide step-by-step instructions on closing the applications on a PS5 and some tips and best practices for managing your applications and processes on the system.
How to close an application on PS5
To close an application on a PS5, follow these steps:
- Press the PlayStation button on your controller to access the home screen. This is the button with the PlayStation logo on it, and it is located in the middle of your controller.
- From the home screen, select the application you want to close from the list of currently running applications. You can use the left stick on your controller to navigate the list and the X button to select an application.
- Once you select the application you want to close, press the Options button on your controller. This is the button with three horizontal lines on it, which is located on your controller’s left side.
- From the options menu, select Close Application. This will bring up a confirmation prompt asking you if you are sure that you want to close the application.
- Select Yes on the confirmation prompt to close the application. The application will be closed, and you will be returned to the home screen.
Alternatively, you can close an application on a PS5 by holding the PlayStation button on your controller and selecting Close Application from the quick menu. This will automatically close the currently active application without the need to access the home screen or options menu.
It’s important to note that closing an application on a PS5 does not entirely quit the application or terminate its process. Instead, it simply pauses the application and puts it in a suspended state, allowing you to resume it later if you want to.
Safe Mode options to entirely quit an application
To fully quit an application and terminate its process, you must use the Safe Mode options on your PS5.
To access Safe Mode on your PS5, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button on your PS5 for at least 7 seconds until you hear a second beep. This will turn off the PS5 and put it into Safe Mode.
- Once your PS5 is in Safe Mode, connect a controller to your PS5 using a USB cable and press the PlayStation button on the controller.
- From the Safe Mode menu, select the option for Restart PS5. This will restart your PS5 and close all applications and processes.
Using Safe Mode to restart your PS5 will fully quit all applications and processes and is helpful if you are experiencing issues with an application or want to free up resources on your PS5. However, it should be used with caution, as it will close all applications and processes, and you will lose any unsaved progress in those applications.
What should you do if your PS5 games or apps won’t close?
Are you having trouble getting your PS5 games or apps to close? Don’t worry, there are some easy steps you can take to try and fix the problem. Here’s what you should do if your PS5 games or apps won’t close.
Check Your System Software
The first thing you should do is check your system software. Make sure it’s up to date. If you’re running an outdated version of the system software, it could be causing the issue. To update your system software, go to “Settings,” then “System,” and then “System Software Update.”
Reset Your Console
If updating your system software doesn’t fix the issue, the next step is to reset your console. This will clear out any temporary files or settings that may be causing the problem. To reset your console, go to “Settings,” then “System,” and then “Reset.”
Close Any Open Apps and Games
The next step is to close any open games or apps. To do this, press the “PS” button on your controller. Then, highlight the app or game you want to close and press the “Options” button. Finally, select “Close Application.”
Power Cycle Your Console
If the above steps don’t work, you can try power cycling your console. This will clear out any corrupt files or settings that may be causing the issue. To power cycle your console, press and hold the power button on the console for at least 7 seconds or until you hear two beeps.
Contact Sony Support
If nothing else works, you should contact Sony support. They can provide further assistance in troubleshooting the issue.
These steps will help you close your PS5 games and apps properly. If you’re still having issues, contact Sony support for additional help. Good luck!
closing an application on a PS5 is a simple and easy process that can be done quickly and easily. By pressing the PlayStation button and selecting Close Application from the options menu, you can pause an application and put it into a suspended state, allowing you to quickly resume it later if you want to. To fully quit an application and terminate its process, you can use the Safe Mode options on your PS5 to restart the system and close all applications and processes. By understanding how to close and quit applications on your PS5, you can manage the resources on your system and ensure that your PS5 runs smoothly and efficiently.